How about the "rest" ?
Posted Sep 5, 2007 16:33 UTC (Wed) by mathias
Parent article: AMD to open up graphics specs
The quick report is (for obvious reasons) very vague on the scope of specifications that will be released. To qualify as "2D driver" the only things that are needed is some basic mode setting and drawing.
That leaves out a lot of features expected from a complete driver:
* 2D acceleration (XAA, EXA ?)
* Dual output and TV-out support
* Xv & XvMC for video acceleration
* RandR for changing resolution
* and of course... 3D acceleration
Also for laptop users what's nice to have is a driver that doesn't freeze the card on suspend/resume, and the ability to switch to an external screen.
to post comments)