|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.19.90|
|| ||Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:22:03 -0400|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader
that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca
development has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility
Program Office via continued engagement with its end users and
contributions from wonderful community members.
You can read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.19.90?
* More work on bug 364518 - Create a GUI interface to the
* Fix for bug 455308 - Output module and voice selection with Speech
* Fix for bug 461719 - gnome-mud script failed at import
(many thanks to Javier Dorado Martínez for this fix)
* Fix for bug 462475 - crash due Non-ASCII characters in
* Fix for bug 462650 - Traceback when using whereAmI in Evolution New
* Fix for bug 457988 - Firefox SSL Dialogs are not read
* Fix for bug 460284 - Orca should not allow the user to arrow into
the FF3 status bar
* Fix for bug 461620 - Orca doesn't speak find results in FF3 when
focus is on Next/Previous buttons
* Fix for bug 464714 - translations. Edited docs to reduce confusion.
* Add "soffice" script name mapping to accommodate the (hopefully) last
name change introduced in OOo 2.3.0
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
de German Jochen Skulj
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
gu Gujarati Ankit Patel
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander
ta Tamil I. Felix
* Where can I get it ?
You can obtain Orca v2.19.90 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)