|| ||Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes-AT-lyx.org>|
|| ||LyX Announce <lyx-announce-AT-lists.lyx.org>,
LyX Users <lyx-users-AT-lists.lyx.org>,
LyX Mechanics <lyx-devel-AT-lists.lyx.org>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] LyX 1.5.1 is released|
|| ||Sat, 04 Aug 2007 16:03:15 +0200|
Public release of LyX version 1.5.1
We are pleased to announce the release of LyX 1.5.1. It includes a
few bug fixes and, more importantly, fixes a bug where files produced
with the Document>Compressed option on would be malformed on windows.
It was therefore decided to revert to the trusty 1.4.x code in this
area and release 1.5.1 sooner than anticipated.
All 1.5.0 users are urged to upgrade to 1.5.1.
See the file RELEASE-NOTES for some known problems in this release.
In case you are wondering what LyX is, here is what
http://www.lyx.org/ has to say on the subject:
LyX is a document processor that encourages an approach to writing
based on the structure of your documents, not their appearance. It
is released under a Free Software / Open Source license.
LyX is for people that write and want their writing to look great,
right out of the box. No more endless tinkering with formatting
details, 'finger painting' font attributes or futzing around with
page boundaries. You just write. In the background, Prof. Knuth's
legendary TeX typesetting engine makes you look good.
On screen, LyX looks like any word processor; its printed output --
or richly cross-referenced PDF, just as readily produced -- looks
like nothing else. Gone are the days of industrially bland .docs,
all looking similarly not-quite-right, yet coming out unpredictably
different on different printer drivers. Gone are the crashes
'eating' your dissertation the evening before going to press.
LyX is stable and fully featured. It is a multi-platform, fully
internationalized application running natively on Unix/Linux, the
Macintosh and modern Windows platforms.
You can download LyX 1.5.1 here (the .bz2 are compressed with bzip2,
which yields smaller files):
and it should propagate shortly to the following mirrors (which will
also host the .bz2 versions):
Prebuilt binaries (rpms for linux distributions, Mac OS X and Windows
installers) should soon be available at
If you already have the LyX 1.4.4 sources, you may want to apply one
of the following patches instead
Note that this patch will not produce valid LyX/Mac sources, since
some binary files have been added for this release.
If you find what you think is a bug in LyX 1.5.1, you may either
e-mail the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel <at> lists.lyx.org),
or open a bug report at http://bugzilla.lyx.org
If you're having trouble using the new version of LyX, or have a
question, first check out http://www.lyx.org/help/. If you can't find
the answer there, e-mail the LyX users' list (lyx-users <at> lists.lyx.org).
The LyX team.
What's new in version 1.5.1?
* DOCUMENTATION AND LOCALIZATION
- Add template for the APA class (bug 2390).
** Bug fixes:
* DOCUMENT INPUT/OUTPUT
- Fix output of LyX files on windows when Document>Compressed is set.
This is a dataloss bug that was the main reason for releasing 1.5.1
earlier than anticipated.
- Get rid of annoying LaTeX error after changing the document language
- Fix a LaTeX error with caption inset in a listing inset (some
- Fix crashes relating to command line export (bugs 4077 and 4086).
- Fix export to FAT32 under Linux (bug 4094).
* USER INTERFACE:
- Fix crash with TOC and child documents (bug 4096).
- Fix redrawing artefacts when switching tabs (bug 3969).
- Fix pasting a selection from the same LyX document with middle mouse
- Fix pasting of a selection from other applications (X11 only).
- Coherent behaviour when inserting over a selection: now the selection
is always replaced by the insertion (bug 672).
- When inserting an URL over selected text, insert the selected
text in the URL inset (bug 683).
- Don't allow invalid listings parameters to be passed when
updating other controls in listings-related dialogs (bug 4053).
- Fix bug with math-matrix dialog always producing 1x1 matrices on
platforms lacking proper support for wide characters (bug 4076).
- Sort colors in the Preferences dialog (bug 2571).
- Fix bug where using pdfsync marks the document 'changed' (bug 4023).
- scons now accepts SConstruct file from top source directory, which
can be a symbolic link to development/scons/SConstruct.
- LyX configuration script now checks for htlatex as an OpenDocument
converter, since some platforms have htlatex but not oolatex. It also
checks for oowriter as an OpenDocument viewer and editor.
- Fix building on Mac OS X when pkg-config is installed.
to post comments)