|| ||Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||Epiphany 2.19.6 released|
|| ||Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:19:19 +0200|
Following a brief absence, here's a new Epiphany release announcement by
e-mail. This announcement is has also been published on
http://blogs.gnome.org/epiphany/ in slightly modified form.
The most important change in this release is obviously that an
experimental WebKit back-end was added by Xan Lopez during the GNOME
Regular development has to continue as well, so we?e happy that Cosimo
Cecchi has contributed a lot of small but not less important gnome-love
* Add support for the WebKit engine, compile with ?
with-engine=webkit to activate
* #162489: Added a checkbox for smooth scrolling.
* String changes based on user feedback:
- ?Local sites? -> ?Nearby sites? (because it is a better
- Drop the ?Quick? prefix from Topic/Bookmark items in toolbar
editor, because it has no function besides confusing users.
* We now use g_get_user_special_dir to get the Desktop and
Downloads directory location
* Use the new gtk functions to persist and load the print settings
and page setup. Migrate our old settings, if present.
* All tooltips are now creatd using the new GTK tooltips API.
* #459552: Improve the restricted ports message
* #448610: Make the status icon clickable so it shows/hides the
download window, works across workspaces
* #318947: Update tab title when the statusbar text is updated, so
we don? have out of sync messages (like ?Loading ?)
* Misc: #461689, #433173, #313636, #410223, #385872, #452707,
Contributors to this release:
Diego Escalante Urrelo, René Stadler, Xan Lopez, Carlos Garcia Campos,
Reinout van Schouwen, Cosimo Cecchi, Kraai, Wouter Bolsterlee,
Christian Persch, Nguy?n Thái Ng?c Duy, Luca Ferretti
Priit Laes, Reinout van Schouwen, Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Jorge
Gonzalez,Daniel Nylander, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, Gabor Kelemen,
Wouter Bolsterlee, Ilkka Tuohela, Takeshi AIHANA, ?ygimantas Beru?ka, I.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)