|| ||Mikael Pettersson <email@example.com>|
|| ||perfctr-2.5.0-pre2 released|
|| ||Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:33:13 +0100 (MET)|
Version 2.5.0-pre2 of perfctr, the Linux/x86 performance
monitoring counters driver, is now available at the usual
This is hopefully the last major update before 2.5.0 final.
The ABI version query should help avoid some common user
mistakes. In an ideal world it shouldn't be needed, but
a driver maintained outside of the standard kernel, with
an API still under development, needs these safety checks.
Version 2.5.0-pre2, 2003-03-03
- Added a way for user-space to query the driver's ABI version,
and updated the library to check it.
- Fixed <linux/perfctr.h> to not include <asm/perfctr.h> when
perfctr hasn't been configured. This allows the patched kernel
source to compile cleanly also in archs not supported by perfctr.
- Major patch kit overhaul. Updated configuration help texts.
Removed unnecessary features and patches. Some cleanups. Added
aliasing support to the 'update-kernel' script, which allows a
patch to serve several kernels (when applicable).
- The perfctr configuration option was poorly placed. It is now
at the end of the "Processor type and features" menu.
- Removed "notsc" kernel option support from the 2.2 kernel patches.
To use the driver with an IDT WinChip (Centaur C6/2/3) CPU now
requires a newer kernel with native "notsc" support.
- Driver fixes for changes in the 2.4.21-pre5 and 2.5.63 kernels.
/ Mikael Pettersson
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/