|| ||"Sanford Armstrong" <sanfordarmstrong-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||Tomboy <tomboy-list-AT-lists.beatniksoftware.com>,
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Tomboy 0.7.2 Released (development release)|
|| ||Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:10:03 -0700|
This email is to announce Tomboy 0.7.2, the third development release
of the 0.7.x series leading up to 0.8.0. Like usual, please be aware
that running the development series code is considered living on the
edge (please make regular backup copies of your notes).
A new Tasks addin has been added, allowing you to create a task in a
note by simply starting a line with "todo:". It also provides a more
sophisticated stand-alone task management UI, available from the notes
menu. Every part of this addin is subject to change, as it is
undergoing heavy development. Any feedback is appreciated, of course.
Speaking of addins, Tomboy's entire plugin infrastructure has been
revamped to use the new Mono.Addins library. This makes it much
easier to create "extension points" within Tomboy where addin
developers can hook in their features. All built-in plugins have been
converted to addins, but third-party developers will need to update
their code. Old-style note plugins will no longer be recognized by
Note to packagers: Tomboy bundles a slightly modified version of
Mono.Addins 0.2, so at this point Tomboy cannot depend on a packaged
version of Mono.Addins.
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive
and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a
WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run
either as a Gnome panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
Tomboy's Website: http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
Tomboy's Wiki: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy
* Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
* Brainstorming: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas
Tomboy is available at:
We were not meant to be:
This release includes the following:
* New Tasks addin (experimental, subject to change).
* Integrated Mono.Addins support with several new extension points.
* Migrated all note plugins to be note addins.
* New MonoDevelop-inspired addin preferences tab.
* New ApplicationAddin type.
* New DBus method SetNoteContentsCompleteXml, for loading a foreign note file.
* --open-note command line option now accepts a note file path as an argument.
* Fix SetNoteContentsXml DBus method to apply formatting (#440562, John Carr).
* Fix to select title when creating new notes (#449478, Yonatan Oren).
* Fix opening notes with keyboard in bulleted list (#433244, Stefan Schweizer).
* Update HTML export link/title colors (#449597, Stefan Schweizer).
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches, and
helping to make Tomboy better! You rock!
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)