|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gdm-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GDM2 2.19.4 (unstable), the "Home On The Range" Release|
|| ||Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:01:11 -0500|
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.19.4 release is an unstable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Now GDM manages utmp/wtmp processing directly rather than
using the X server sessreg program. (Brian Cameron, Ray
- Now GDM supports new configuration options to specify how the
utmp/wtmp ut_line value is set. Refer to the UtmpLineAttached,
UtmpLineRemote, UtmpPseudoDevice configuration options and the
fact that the [servers] section now supports specifying a
device via device="/dev/foo" syntax.
- Fix gdmchooser so it will start the at_spi_registryd so that
AT programs work when you run it. (Brian Cameron)
- Now icons are installed to the hicolor theme and use the
correct GTK calls to grab application icons from the theme, not
pixmaps. (Michael Terry)
- Now the gdmgreeter sports icons in the F10 menu. (Brian
Cameron, Michael Terry)
- Fix focus handling in gdmlogin so that the Tab key can move
focus into the button widgets. Also fix sensitivity of the
"OK" button so it is insensitive when no characters are in
the entry field. (Brian Cameron)
- Remove logic that sets the default locale selection to en_US
since this locale is not guaranteed to always be available. Now
just let the system default to C without special code in GDM.
- Now GDM checks to ensure that a theme file is readable and
reports better error messages if not. (Lukasz Zalewski)
- Enhanced Solaris utmp, PAM_TTY, Sun Audit, and logindevperm
code to work with Virtual Terminals which will be available
in Solaris Nevada in the next few months. Fix logindevperm
code so it only is used when the user logs in and logs out.
Now setfacl calls are made to allow the GDM user to have
access to the sound device on Solaris. (Brian Cameron)
- Initialize lang variable to avoid accessing a unitialized memory.
- Fix many warnings. (Lo\357c Minier)
- Translation updates (I. Felix, Pema Geyleg, Jorge Gonzalez,
Priit Laes, Kjartan Maraas, Nguy\341\273\205n Th\303\241i
Ng\341\273\215c, Daniel Nylander, St\303\251phane Raimbault,
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron
now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.18/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.19/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)