|| ||"Tom Szilagyi" <tomszilagyi-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||[LAA] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta8 released|
|| ||Sat, 7 Jul 2007 15:42:17 +0200|
The authors are proud to announce the release of Aqualung 0.9beta8.
Aqualung is an advanced music player originally targeted at GNU/Linux,
today also running on other operating systems such as FreeBSD and
MS Windows. We are striving to create one of the finest music players
available, with respect to sound quality, stability, features and
ease of use.
This release is the latest in a series of beta releases on our way to
the future stable release of Aqualung 1.0, which is anticipated to be
released at the end of this year. The current release adds support
for internet radio and tabbed playlists, also containing several
smaller improvements and important bugfixes.
The ChangeLog for this release is listed below.
2007-07-07 Tom Szilagyi <tszilagyi at users dot sourceforge dot net>
* Aqualung 0.9beta8
This is a major release bringing significant new functionality and
many important fixes. All users are encouraged to upgrade.
* Support for internet radio streams using Ogg Vorbis and MP3
* Tabbed playlist support, very similar in concept to the tabbed
browsing feature of Firefox.
Smaller fixes, rewrites and additions have been also done,
particularly to the following areas:
* Cut/copy/paste functionality implemented in playlist. Works with
the usual Ctrl-X/C/V key combinations.
* MPEG decoder: more robust in case of corrupt UBR files.
* Command-line local and remote file loading.
* M3U and PLS parsers.
* HTTP proxy handling.
* RVA handling: now supports setting a default value for
* Icons and Documentation.
* Added Italian translation.
Linux-audio-announce mailing list
to post comments)