|| ||Thomas Gleixner <email@example.com>|
|| ||LKML <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[patch-mm 00/25] High resolution timer updates and x86_64 support - V2|
|| ||Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:36:00 -0000|
|| ||Andrew Morton <email@example.com>, Ingo Molnar <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Andi Kleen <email@example.com>, Chris Wright <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Arjan van de Ven <email@example.com>,
Venkatesh Pallipadi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
The following patch series contains:
- dyntick bugfixes for -mm (caused by the cpuidle changes in ACPI)
- updates and improvements to high resolution timer / dynticks
- high resolution timer / dynticks support for x86_64
The x86_64 support is based on an initial patch from Chris Wright. Thanks Chris !
The patch set has been tested in the -hrt and -rt trees for quite a while
and the initial problems have been sorted out. Thanks to the folks from the
PowerTop project for testing and feedback.
The -hrt tree at http://www.tglx.de/projects/hrtimers/2.6.22-rc4/ contains
also an hpet force patch series from Venki Pallipadi, but I leave this up to
Venki to send it mainline wards.
Changes since V1:
- simplified the idle breakage fixup
- fixed a resume bug (making the famous VAIO work again)
- added a clocksource settimeofday hook for PPC (Tony Breeds)