|| ||Richard Stallman <rms-AT-gnu.org>|
|| ||Emacs 22.1 released|
|| ||Sun, 03 Jun 2007 20:17:24 -0400|
GNU Emacs 22.1 has been released. It is available on the GNU ftp
sites at ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/ and its mirrors (see
The MD5 check-sum is the following:
Please send any bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use the
function M-x report-emacs-bug to do this.
Here are some new features of Emacs 22. See etc/NEWS for a complete
- Support for the GTK+ graphical toolkit
- Drag-and-drop support on X.
- Support for GNU/Linux systems on S390 and x86-64 machines,
and for Mac OS X, and for Windows using Cygwin.
- Full support for images, toolbar, and tooltips on
MS-Windows, Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X builds.
- Font Lock mode, Auto Compression mode, File Name Shadow
Mode, and mouse wheel support are enabled by default.
- Double the maximum size of buffers, up to 256M on 32-bit machines.
- Links can be followed with `mouse-1', in addition to `mouse-2'.
- Customizable window fringes.
- Many user interface tweaks, including the highlighting of
the selected window's mode line and a distinct minibuffer
- Abbrev definitions are read automatically at startup.
- The Kmacro package for managing keyboard macros.
- Full graphical user interface to GDB.
- New modes and packages, including Calc, Grep, TRAMP, URL, IDO,
CUA, ERC, rcirc, Table, Image-Dired, SES, Ruler, Org, PGG,
Flymake, Password, Printing, Reveal, wdired, t-mouse,
longlines, savehist, Conf mode, Python mode, DNS mode, etc.
- Leim, Emacs Lisp Reference Manual, and the Emacs Lisp Intro
You can help the FSF as well as yourself by ordering the Emacs Manual
or the Emacs Lisp Manual from the Free Software Foundation. New
editions for Emacs 22 are being printed soon. See
Executables of gzip, and information about using gzip, can be found at
the URL http://www.gzip.org.
to post comments)