|| ||Mikael Pettersson <email@example.com>|
|| ||perfctr-2.5.0-pre1 released|
|| ||Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:10:04 +0100 (MET)|
Version 2.5.0-pre1 of perfctr, the Linux/x86 performance
monitoring counters driver, is now available at the usual
This is a development snapshot. Although it should work well,
it is not binary or API compatible with the current stable
Version 2.5.0-pre1, 2003-02-19
- Fixed the driver's API to support global-mode perfctrs on 2.5
SMP kernels and asymmetric hyper-threaded P4 multiprocessors.
Updated examples/global/global.c for the new API.
- Minor library cleanups. Updated example programs accordingly.
- API cleanup: Removed obsolete STOP command from the driver
for virtual perfctrs. The library now uses CONTROL instead.
- Proper detection and support for AMD K8 processors. They are
similar to the K7s, but the event sets are not identical.
- The library's event set descriptions have been redesigned and
expanded to include unit mask descriptions and descriptions of
Intel P4 and AMD K8 events. The etc/perfctr-events.tab text file
has been removed since event_codes.h now is generated from the
library's data structures.
/ Mikael Pettersson
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/