|| ||Ingo Molnar <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[patch] CFS scheduler, v3|
|| ||Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:50:17 +0200|
|| ||Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>,
Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Con Kolivas <email@example.com>,
Nick Piggin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mike Galbraith <email@example.com>,
Arjan van de Ven <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Peter Williams <email@example.com>,
Thomas Gleixner <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com,
Willy Tarreau <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Gene Heskett <email@example.com>|
this is the third release of the CFS patchset (against v2.6.21-rc7), and
can be downloaded from:
this is a pure "fix reported regressions" release so there's much less
5 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
(the added lines are mostly debug related, not genuine increase in the
Changes since -v2:
- bugfix: the yield() implementation was too naive and broke xine-lib.
(this caused the Kaffine problems. Reported by S.ÃaÄlar Onur)
- performance fix: increased preemption granularity from 1msec to
5msecs, to address the kernbench regression reported by Nick Pigging.
(5msecs is probably still too low. This problem has also been pointed
out by Con Kolivas.)
- cleanup: renamed requeue_task to yield_task. (suggested by William
Lee Irwin III)
- bugfix: use constant offset factor for nice levels instead of
sched_granularity_ns. Thus nice levels work even if someone sets
sched_granularity_ns to 0. NOTE: nice support is still naive, i'll
address the many nice level related suggestions in -v4.
- compiler warning fix: get rid of unused variable on UP in sched.c.
(reported by Gene Heskett)
- debug: new /proc/sys/kernel/sysctl_sched_delayed_wakeups flag.
Default: off. This is to debug Gene Heskett's box.
as usual, any sort of feedback, bugreports, fixes and suggestions are
more than welcome,