|| ||"Ravi Kiran U V S" <uvsravikiran-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||csboard 0.8 released|
|| ||Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:50:39 +0530|
We are happy to announce the long waited release of CsBoard. This
release has got a lot of new features
* What is it ?
CsBoard is a small GUI for playing chess with programs like gnuchess,
crafty, play on Internet Chess Servers like freechess.org, viewing games
in PGN format, save and organize games into collections to search them later.
It is written in C# and uses gtk-sharp and mono. CsBoard
uses gnuchess as an engine, but you can also play with crafty or phalanx.
* Where to get it ?
* What's changed ?
Release 0.8 contains:
* Internet Chess Server (ICS) client
* You can play on the ICS server, watch other games (especially the
games played by Grand Masters live, if there are any tournaments going
* save games into a database and organize them into collections
* rate games and tag them so that they can be searched easily
* Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings (ECO) database
* 'csboard' is the main command to start the app. The viewer can be
started with 'csviewer'
* Screencasts posted on the site http://csboard.berlios.de
* uses cairo graphics
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)