|| ||Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:16:27 -0800|
- This is the same as 2.6.12-rc5-mm1, except the staircase deadline CPU
scheduler has been added.
- See the `hot-fixes' directory for any important updates to this patchset.
- To fetch an -mm tree using git, use (for example)
git-fetch git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/smurf/linux-trees.git tag
git-checkout -b local-v2.6.16-rc2-mm1 v2.6.16-rc2-mm1
- -mm kernel commit activity can be reviewed by subscribing to the
mm-commits mailing list.
echo "subscribe mm-commits" | mail email@example.com
- If you hit a bug in -mm and it is not obvious which patch caused it, it is
most valuable if you can perform a bisection search to identify which patch
introduced the bug. Instructions for this process are at
But beware that this process takes some time (around ten rebuilds and
reboots), so consider reporting the bug first and if we cannot immediately
identify the faulty patch, then perform the bisection search.
- When reporting bugs, please try to Cc: the relevant maintainer and mailing
list on any email.
- When reporting bugs in this kernel via email, please also rewrite the
email Subject: in some manner to reflect the nature of the bug. Some
developers filter by Subject: when looking for messages to read.
- Occasional snapshots of the -mm lineup are uploaded to
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/mm/ and are announced on
the mm-commits list.
Changes since 2.6.21-rc5-mm1:
All 1082 patches:
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/