|| ||Sebastian Trueg <trueg-AT-k3b.org>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||[Kde-announce-apps] K3b Unstable 1.0rc7|
|| ||Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:35:06 +0100|
Name: K3b Unstable
Type: CD/DVD Software
Depend: KDE 3.2.x
K3b is a CD/DVD burning and ripping application.
For details see the homepage.
This Beta version is not intended for daily use
but for testing and bug hunting. I encourage
everyone who is willing to test the K3b 1.0 Beta
to compile it with full debugging:
* Some fixes for stuff
* New 1.0 theme by quant
* Writing speed fixes
* Unmount before each burn
* Cdrkit support
* improved device capabilities detection for
drives with buggy firmware (Plextor comes to mind)
* Again many fixes and improvements, for example
another Plextor medium detection fix and a
rewritten audio track splitting.
* Many little improvements and bug fixes.
* Fix the "all files bigger than 4GB" bug
* FreeBSD compile fix
* Many fixes
* Many improvements
* Fixed a whole lot of bugs (we are down to 100 on
bugs.kde.org, this may sound a lot but there were
over 650 open before the 1.0 cycle started, thanks
Christoph Burger-Scheidlin for his big help)
* Some GUI improvements
* Better device handling
* No mediamanager problems anymore.
* so much more...
* many device handling fixes
* GUI changes
* libdvdread dependancy optional
* Minimum KDe version lowered to 3.2
I will not post a full Changelog yet but can tell
you one thing: From now on you will want to do all
your Video DVD ripping with K3b
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)