|| ||Alex Graveley <alex-AT-beatniksoftware.com>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Gimmie 0.2.4 released|
|| ||Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:38:12 -0800|
This is to announce the Gimmie version 0.2.4 release. Gimmie is a
unique desktop organizer designed to allow easy interaction with all the
applications, contacts, documents and other resources you use every day.
Gimmie can be run as a stand-alone application or as a GNOME
To see some pictures of Gimmie in action, check out the Developer
Resource Page located at: http://beatnik.infogami.com/Gimmie.
Version 0.2.4 sees the greatest progress so far in a single release.
Including the addition of a preferences dialog to allow customization of
commonly requested settings; a recent history usage graph; Mozilla
downloaded file monitoring; and many bug fixes and stability improvements.
Other improvements in Version 0.2.4 include:
* Add applet preferences dialog (Johannes Schmid)
* Make all file operations async
* Discover files downloaded with Mozilla
* Fiddle with topic names
* Add Suspend to shutdown dialog (email@example.com)
* Add history graph for Recently Used
* Fix grabbing for toolbar submenus
* Hint bug-buddy to file bugs in GNOME Bugzilla
* Better support openSUSE (James Ogley)
* Support newest dbus-python
* Hordes of other bug fixes
You can download it here:
If you're interested in steering the future of this young project, sign
up for the Gimmie discussion list by visiting
There has been an overwhelming amount of user interest in the last few
weeks. Let's keep that momentum rolling!
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)