|| ||Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <richard-AT-levitte.org>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.33 released|
|| ||Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:35:27 +0100 (CET)|
Monotone 0.33 released! This also announces the new site for monotone
with binary packages being posted as people send them in.
NB: As a last possible second note (it was mentioned on IRC a minute
ago), it should be mentioned that the command 'merge_into_workspace'
is incomplete and should be used with the greatest care.
Wed Feb 28 22:02:43 UTC 2007
The internal data format has changed with this release;
migration is straight-forward. To upgrade your databases,
you must run:
$ mtn -d mydb.mtn db migrate
All of these operations are completely lossless, and 0.33
remains compatible with earlier versions with regards to
- "mtn ls unknown" no longer recurses into unknown directories.
- update will fail rather than clobbering unversioned files
that exist in the workspace.
- update will detect directories with unversioned files before
attempting to drop them and will refuse to run rather than
corrupting the workspace. such unversioned files must be
- the character set and line separator conversion hooks
(get_system_linesep, get_charset_conv and get_linesep_conv)
have been removed. Similar functionality (probably based on
file type attributes) is planned and will be added in a future
- update will switch to the branch of a given revision if it
differs from the current workspace branch.
- add will now accept combinations of --unknown, --recursive and
- import now imports unknown directory trees properly.
- use SQLite 3.3.12.
- schema migrator rebuilt and will now properly detect and report
if the database used is created by a newer monotone than the one
- removed the man page mtn.1, as it hadn't been updated for a long
- "mtn merge_into_workspace" (still to be documented)
- "mtn log" will now print an ASCII revision graph alongside the
usual log text.
- "mtn annotate file" should run even faster now. it exploits
the fact that we store deltas of rosters. by peeking at
these deltas, it can avoid reconstruction of whole rosters
in many cases.
- contrib/monotone-mirror.sh and
contrib/monotone-mirror-postaction-update.sh, two scripts
to mirror and update directories automatically.
- contrib/monotone-run-script-post-netsync.lua, to automatically
update a directory as soon as new revisions or certs arrive for
a given branch.
- contrib/monotone.bash_completion had some improvemens.
- contrib/monotone.el had some improvements.
- Internally, the concept of "projects" has been introduced. It
currently doesn't mean anything, but will be used later, with
policy branches and similar.
Please consider sponsoring my work on free software.
See http://www.free.lp.se/sponsoring.html for details.
Richard Levitte firstname.lastname@example.org
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including
the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
-- C.S. Lewis
to post comments)