|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gdm-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GDM2 2.17.8 (unstable), the "Lhasa" Release|
|| ||Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:17:51 +0800|
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.17.8 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- In gdmlogin, change "Session" mnemonic to "e" instead of "s"
so it doesn't conflict with the "Start Again" button.
- Now AlwaysLoginCurrentSession is set to true by default.
- Fix spacing in gdmsetup so it uses less vertical space. (Lukasz
- Fix gdmchooser so it builds with HURD.
- Fix comparison with string literal in gdmdynamic. (Hans Petter
- On Solaris, gnome.session script calls /usr/dt/config/Xsession.jds
instead of gnome.session since Xsession.jds starts D-Bus daemons
needed for GNOME to run properly. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Takeshi AIHANA, Josep Puigdemont i
Casamaj\303\263, Nguy\341\273\205n Th\303\241i Ng\341\273\215c Duy,
Artur Flinta, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle, Leonid Kanter, Gabor
Kelemen, Priit Laes, David Lodge, Kjartan Maraas, Daniel Nylander,
Hendrik Richter, Changwoo Ryu, Thomas Thurman, Ilkka Tuohela)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)