|| ||GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd-AT-lists.debian.org>|
|| ||Bits from the Debian GNU/kFreeBSD porters|
|| ||Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:59:01 +0100|
Hello, Debian world!
This is a status update for the Debian GNU/FreeBSD port. This port
consists of two architectures: kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64.
* We have uptodate toolchain (including java on both architectures)
and most of the core Debian packages are in good shape.
* GNU/kFreeBSD kernel and related utilities are currently based
on FreeBSD 6.2 stable release (released in January 2007)
* One unofficial buildd is up and running for kfreebsd-amd64, for
kfreebsd-i386 we have even two unofficial buildds in two independent
locations, buildd logs for kfreebsd-i386 are available at .
* There is a DD-accessible porting machine running kfreebsd-i386.
* For kfreebsd-i386, over 82% source packages have been built,
kfreebsd-amd64 is slightly behind kfreebsd-i386 here.
Over 95% of ever-built packages are up-to-date.
See , , .
* We want to be in official archive, see #369797,
Short term plans (Etch)
Currently we have reasonable subset of Etch packages , but the number
of unmerged patches  is still too high. So doing real Etch release
looks difficult. Instead, we plan to release snapshot of sid in time of
Etch release for both kfreebsd-i386 and kfreebsd-amd64.
We need your help
* as ftpmaster, could you please take a look at #369797.
* as package maintainer, could you please look at BTS whether there
is a kfreebsd submission and integrate it. In many cases, it is
sufficient to (auto)update config.sub/config.guess or use recent
libtool. See . Upload to unstable is sufficient for us.
* as NMUer, please could you look at kfreebsd submission in BTS (in
addition to usual translations).
The Debian GNU/kFreeBSD porters
to post comments)