|| ||=?iso-8859-1?Q?S=C3=A9bastien_Lao=C3=BBt?= <slaout-AT-linux62.org>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||[Kde-announce-apps] BasKet Note Pads 0.6.0 & 1.0RC|
|| ||Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:17:26 +0100|
Name: BasKet Note Pads
Version: 0.6.0 & 1.0RC
Type: Other Utility
Depend: KDE 3.x
This multi-purpose note-taking application can
helps you to:
- Easily take all sort of notes
- Collect research results and share them
- Centralize your project data and re-use them
- Quickly organize your toughts in idea boxes
- Keep track of your information in a smart way
- Make intelligent To Do lists
- And a lot more...
This application provides several baskets where to
drop every sort of notes: rich text, links,
images, sounds, files, colors, application
Objects can be edited, copied, dragged... So, you
can arrange them as you want !
This application can be used to quickly drop web
objects (link, text, images...) or notes, as well
as to free your clutered desktop (if any).
It is also useful to collect informations for a
report. Those data can be shared with co-workers
by exporting baskets to HTML.
For a more complete presentations, see:
For a lot more screenshots showing all windows if
the application, see:
== Take Part in the Usability Project! ==
Are you a user of BasKet Note Pads?
Then help the BasKet Note Pads Usability Project
to improve this application!
Visit the project homepage:
http://basket.openusability.org/. The survey is
closed by now. But in a week you will be able to
participate again by reading and commenting on
personas and scenarios or give personal feedback.
[About the BasKet Note Pads Usability Project:]
This is the project set up by Frank Ploss, the
student who is participating to the
OpenUsability.org's "Season of Usability" and
maintainer of the BasKet Usability Project. It is
part of a research project for his diploma thesis
at the Univesity of Hamburg, Germany.
The aim of the usability project is to improve the
usability of the BasKet Note Pads tool. Usability,
as Frank sees it, not only depends on the user
interface, but also on the underlying assumptions
that are made about the users and their context of
use. So, knowing about the users, their contexts
and claims are of vital importance for this
Also, the aim of this project is to also involve
you, the users, into the development of BasKet
Note Pads. With your specific knowledge about how
you use BasKet Note Pads and with what intentions,
you can make a difference in the further
development of the application!
To find out about further possibilities to
participate, please visit
http://basket.openusability.org and subscribe to
the email newsletter or the RSS feed or email
frank.ploss (Ã ) informatik.uni-hamburg.de.
BasKet Note Pads 1.0 RC:
- Open welcome baskets at first launch, and let
people re-open them later in the Help menu.
- Made the two links of the welcome basket
- Global keyboard shortcuts changed to not
interfer anymore with other global or application
- Translated to several languages.
- Fixed five crashs often reported using the Crash
Report Mailer, and possibly solve four other minor
crashes I can not reproduce. This 1.0 version
should be really stable compared to 0.6.0.
- Finally solved a very annoying bug on free-form
baskets load with animations: free notes do not
randomly grow in width anymore!
- Removed the bug that was not always focusing the
text-editor when clicking to edit a note. Was
- Kontact integration is back for KDE 3.5.6.
- Ensure the current basket name visible in the
tree, even when using Alt+Up / Alt+Down...
- Raise the main window when opening a basket
archive from the desktop or Konqueror.
- Do not save the notes to disk at every letter
typed! Go back to the scheme of saving after 3
seconds of inactivity. Results in better
performance, especially in password-encrypted
baskets where notes were re-encrypted at every
letter the user typed.
- Compile with GCC 4.2.
BasKet Note Pads 1.0 Beta 3:
- Import text files
- Better menu organisation
- You can change the folder where baskets are
- Backup & restore baskets
- Always keep a space tall of 15 pixels at the
bottom of columns, so that adding new notes there
is quick and easy
- Pressing Escape in a basket unselect all notes
- Solved A LOT of bugs when editing big text
notes. Behavior is now intuitive
- Three bugs solved, and an optimisation done
BasKet Note Pads 0.6.1 Beta 2:
- Export sub-baskets when exporting to HTML
- Shows a progress dialog during the HTML
BasKet Note Pads 0.6.1 Beta 1:
- Export baskets in basket-archive files, and open
them on another computer
- Added a new background image
- Removed the useless export dialog when exporting
to HTML. Instead, show a standard file dialog
(with folder and file name pre-filled)
- German translation
- Italian translation
- Updated translation for European Portuguese
BasKet Note Pads 0.6.0:
- An improved experience
- A faster application
- Basket hierarchy
- Kontact integration
- Filter all baskets at once
- Password-protected baskets
- Tags revolutioning your organisation
- Multi-columns baskets
- Freely positionnable notes
- Rich text formating
- Collapsable groups of notes
- Manipulate several notes at once
- Screen zone grabbing
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)