|| ||Evgeniy Polyakov <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[ANN] Acrypto asynchronous crypto layer 2.6.19 release.|
|| ||Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:15:22 +0300|
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
I am pleased to announce new release of the acrypto for 2.6.19 kernel -
first asynchronous crypto layer for Linux kernel 2.6.
Acrypto allows to handle crypto requests asynchronously in hardware.
Acrypto supports following features:
* multiple asynchronous crypto device queues
* crypto session routing (allows to complete single crypto session when
several operations (crypto, hmac, anything) are completed)
* crypto session binding (bind crypto processing to specified device)
* modular load balancing (one can created load balancer which will get
into account for example pid of the calling process)
* crypto session batching genetically implemented by design (acrypto
provides the whole data structure to crypto device, i.e. it is
possible to use acrypto as a bridge which routes requests between
completely different devices, since it does not differentiate between
users, just handles requests)
* crypto session priority
* different kinds of crypto operation(RNG, asymmetrical crypto, HMAC and
Combined patchset includes:
* acrypto core
* IPsec ESP4 port to acrypto
* dm-crypt port to acrypto
* OCF to acrypto bridge, which allows to run OCF device
drivers with acrypto (for example ixp4xx), requires OCF installed.
Ported crypto drivers and benchmarks can be found on acrypto homepage:
Changes from previous release:
* moved to 2.6.19 crypto API where it is used
* updated XFRM engine
2.6.16 - 2.6.18 releases moved to maintenance mode.
Patchset is not attached due to its size (192kb).
Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <email@example.com>
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/