|| ||Murray Cumming <murrayc-AT-murrayc.com>|
|| ||gnome-announce <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Glom 1.2.0|
|| ||Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:01:06 +0200|
With Glom you can design table definitions and the relationships between
them, plus arrange the fields on the screen. You can edit and search the
data in those tables, and specify field values in terms of other fields.
It's as easy as it should be.
Glom 1.2 adds some new features and minor UI changes and includes
bugfixes from the Glom 1.0.x branch.
More information and screenshots are at
*** Glom 1.2.0:
New features in Glom 1.2:
* Really remember the last-viewed record on the details view when navigating
* List view: Remember column widths when you resize them manually.
Bug #358089 from Peter Williams.
* Related records:
- When clicking the open button, show a warning dialog when the related
record indicates a non-existant doubly-related record, making navigation
- Allow navigation to doubly-related records (such as products from
invoice lines on an invoice record), even when only the ID key is shown.
* Help buttons now work, though more help text is needed.
(Johannes Schmid and Don Scorgie)
* Developer mode:
- Added Add Related Table item to the Tables menu. This is a time-saving
feature to quickly create a related table and a relationship to it,
and is a first step to implementing further refactoring functionality.
- Field definitions: Warn about null values and non-unique values
when setting a primary key.
- Related records: Allow the developer to specify to what table the user
will be taken, or use the automatic choice.
- List views and related records portals:
- Allow image fields in the lists.
- When no fields are specified, show a hint about editing the layout.
Bug #354073 from Peter Williams.
- Python API (Calculated fields and button scripts):
Added record.connection and record.table_name attributes, so you can
go wild with SQL with the whole pygda API, if you must.
The connection is even open already, you lucky people.
- Button scripts: Update the view after the script has run, in case it
changed any data.
- Field Formatting: You can now specify a number of text lines to show for
multi-line text. Bug #355907 from Peter Williams.
- Layout editor dialogs: Added explanatory tooltips to the Add buttons.
- Field calculation editor: Prevent translators from translating the
fragment of python code.
Changes since 1.1.7:
* List view: Can now show image fields.
* Design: Fields: When marking a field as the primary key, avoid crashes
and warn about null values and non-unique values in the field.
Changes since 1.1.6:
* Button scripts: After the script has run, check that the current record
still exists, and act appropriately.
* Related records portal: Correct the loading of the specific navigation
details from the document, so it is not lost.
* Field editing: Fix modality problem with the field details window that
stopped it from being used.
* Register Glom as capable of handling its own MIME type. (Denis Leroy)
* Make the Help system work, though some more text is still needed.
(Johannes Schmid, Don Scorgie)
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)