|| ||Neil Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: mdadm 2.5.4 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux|
|| ||Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:15:35 +1000|
I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 2.5.4
It is available at the usual places:
and via git at
mdadm is a tool for creating, managing and monitoring
device arrays using the "md" driver in Linux, also
known as Software RAID arrays.
Release 2.5.4 is a bugfix release over 2.5.3
- When creating devices in /dev/md/ create matching symlinks
from /dev. e.g. /dev/md0 -> /dev/md/0.
Allow this to be disabled in mdadm.conf or on command line.
- Fix some endian-ness issues with version-1 superblocks (affects
- Fix endian problem with 'bitmap' metadata
- Allow a number (of partitions) after the 'yes' option to --auto=
This is particularly useful in the 'create' line in mdadm.conf.
- Remove partitions from any whole device that is made part of
an md array. This is a work-around for annoying messages
when the first block on some drive accidentally looks like a
Development of mdadm is sponsored by
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.
NeilBrown 13th October 2006
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-raid" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html