|| ||Piotr Pokora <piotr.pokora-AT-infoglob.pl>|
|| ||Announcement: Midgard 1.8beta2 "Sonya" released!|
|| ||Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:29:58 +0200|
Midgard 1.8beta2 "Sonya" released.
Lodz, October 9th 2006 -- The Midgard Project has released the second
beta release version for the upcoming 1.8 stable branch of the
Midgard Open Source Content Management System.
Midgard's 1.8 branch focuses on improved stability for Midgard2 technology
preview features introduced in 1.7 branch.
Midgard is a capable open source content management system for running
mid-to-high-end websites. In addition to the built-in content management features,
Midgard also provides a highly object-oriented component architecture for building
interactive web applications that integrate seamlessly with the website.
[Get started with Midgard 1.8 today]
Midgard CMS provides a powerful toolkit for web publishing and building interactive
web applications. The features include:
* Comprehensive authoring tools
* Website management
* Multilingual support
* User management and access control
* Web development
[Read more] about features and [learn how to create content].
### Planned for next releases
* Next 1.8.0 release: October 2006
* First alpha release of 1.9 branch : October 2006
* Automated database MgdSchema management and table initialization
* Deprecation of the classic functional Midgard API in favor of
MgdSchema and Query Builder
* Deprecation of repligard and apache1 support.
* Core's library API for replication and undelete
* Integrated midgard-java package
### Midgard resources
* [Download page and changelog for latest release]
* [Getting started with Midgard]
* [Bugs reporting]
### User and developers support:
* Mailing list
* IRC: #midgard on irc.freenode.net
### About Midgard
The Midgard Content Management Framework was initially released in May
1999, and has since gathered a sizable user and developer community.
Midgard powers thousands of web sites ranging from simple organizational
websites to major portals like New Zealand eGovernment site and
Midgard is being developed by an international team of professionals.
Midgard's development team includes new media designers, system
integrators and content management consultants. Midgard development is
being supported by several commercial and governmental entities
including the European Union.
Piotr Pokora, Midgard release manager
Henri Bergius, Midgard spokesman
[The Midgard Project]
to post comments)