|| ||"F.J.Cruz" <fj.cruz-AT-supercable.es>|
|| ||Anuncios KDE <kde-announce-AT-kde.org>,
"Extra-gear KDE" <kde-extra-gear-AT-kde.org>, digikam-users-AT-kde.org|
|| ||[kde-announce] digiKam 0.9.0-beta2 and digiKamImagePlugins
0.9.0-beta2 are out there: catch them!|
|| ||Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:24:15 +0200|
Here we go again: another step beyond on the path to the first stable release
of the 0.9 series for digiKam and digikamImagePlugins.
After a period of hard and intensive work, the digiKam community brings to you
all the new digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins 0.9.0-beta2 releases with some
new features, and others have been improved:
- New option to start image sequence number index with a custom value.
- New option to add camera name to target download file name.
- New option to create download folder per file format (e.g. JPG and CR2)
- New option to set date format of auto-created albums.
- New option to process a batch creation of all albums items thumbnails.
- New option to set image as tag thumbnail on Tag Filters View using D&D.
- New option to set a matching condition to use between tags in Tag Filters
View (OR or AND condition).
- New color scheme theme 'Digikasa' from Sergio Di Rio Mare
And a lot of bugs have been fixed since the 0.9.0-beta1 release:
- 121691 : Problems with Downloading images from Camera.
- 131034 : Display a mini-view of the photo currently transferred, i.e. better
- 131603 : Orientation of RAW-images (especially Canons *.cr2)
- 131532 : Minolta exception code can break EXIF rotation
- 131550 : digikam/showfoto can't show jpeg image under PowerPC
- 131549 : endianess problem under Linux-PowerPC (with png images at least)
Do you want to know more about all the changes? Have a look at the NEWS file
Are you interested in some of our plans for the future and in what is still
missing for the final 0.9 release? Have a look at the TODO file
As you know, this is not an stable release but a beta one, which means that we
are asking users to test this version of digiKam and to report bugs. Now, you
have the chance to help us, if you have found a bug, please report it to the
bug tracking system at bugs.kde.org. In a first step, make sure that there is
not already a bug report for your problem. A list of open bug reports for
digikam can be found here
and for digikamimageplugins in this URL
Come on! what are you waiting for? Get your packages here!
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)