|| ||"Marco Costalba" <email@example.com>|
|| ||"Git Mailing List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
|| ||[ANNOUNCE qgit-1.5]|
|| ||Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:23:49 +0200|
This is qgit-1.5
With qgit you will be able to browse revision histories, view patch content
and changed files, graphically following different development branches.
- View revisions, diffs, files history, files annotation, archive tree.
- Commit changes visually cherry picking modified files.
- Apply or format patch series from selected commits, drag and
drop commits between two instances of qgit.
- Associate commands sequences, scripts and anything else executable
to a custom action. Actions can be run from menu and corresponding
output is grabbed by a terminal window.
- qgit implements a GUI for the most common StGIT commands like push/pop
and apply/format patches. You can also create new patches or refresh
current top one using the same semantics of git commit, i.e. cherry
picking single modified files.
NEW IN THIS RELEASE
Multi tab support and source highlighter are the cool new features.
Multi tab allows the user to open many patch or file view tabs, each
linked on a different revision.
If GNU Source-highlight (http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/) is
installed and in PATH then it is possible to toggle source code highlight
pressing the Color text tool button in file viewer. Please refer to
Source-highlight site for the list of supported languages and additional
Some bugs squashed too. Not a lot though...qgit-1.4 has been a
very stable release ;-)
Finally, some performance tweaking.
Please note that you will need git 1.4.0 or newer.
Git archive is
See http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/ for detailed download information.
git 1.4.0 or better is required.
To install from tarball:
To install from git archive:
Or check the shipped README for detailed information.
CHANGELOG from 1.4
- use GNU Source-highlight external tool with file viewer
- show file rename/copy info on patch and file list views
- show the currently checked-out head in bold font
- show stat info at the beginning of patch view also for merges
- added support for multi tab patch viewers aka 'view patch in a new tab'
- added support for multi tab file viewers aka 'view file in a new tab'
- improve size compression of revision's files saved data
- disable 'close tab' button if current tab is the main view
- replace "git-" commands with "git ". Most git commands are now built-in
- other small fixes and some performance tweaks
For a complete changelog see shipped ChangeLog file or git repository
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/