|| ||Peter Penz <peter.penz-AT-gmx.at>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||[Kde-announce-apps] Dolphin File Manager 0.6.1|
|| ||Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:40:05 +0200|
Name: Dolphin File Manager
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
Dolphin is a file manager for KDE focusing on
usability. The main features of Dolphin are:
- Navigation bar for URLs, which allows to
navigate quickly through the file hierarchy.
- View properties are remembered for each folder.
- Split of views is supported.
- Network transparency.
- Undo/redo functionality.
Dolphin is not intended to be a competitor to
Konqueror: Konqueror acts as universal viewer
being able to show HTML pages, text documents,
directories and a lot more, whereas Dolphin
focuses on being only a file manager. This
approach allows to optimize the user interface for
the task of file management.
Dolphin is currently in alpha stage, but provides
already most features for daily usage. The final
1.0 release is scheduled for end of September
Please check http://enzosworld.gmxhome.de for:
- binary packages
- known issues
- feature descriptions
- Several fixes for service menus: services like
'mount', 'unmount' and 'eject' are available
- Allow to bookmark the current folder with the
context menu (thanks to Cvetoslav Ludmiloff).
- View mode 'Details': it's assured that the
content of the columns and header match together
when turning off columns.
- Respect alternate color setting from KDE in the
view mode 'Details'.
- Additional keyboard shortcuts (thanks to
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)