|| ||"Mike Wittman" <mwittman-AT-seismicmicro.com>|
|| ||OpenSceneGraph-1.1 Release|
|| ||Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:58:36 -0500|
OpenSceneGraph is an up-and-coming open source 3D scene graph project
based on OpenGL. I didn't see that LWN is tracking this project, but I
think readers may be interested in it.
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:19 PM
To: osg users; osg news
Subject: [osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-1.1 Release
I am delighted to announce the OpenSceneGraph-1.1 release.
You can download it from:
News items is at:
And also copy and pasted below.
Thankyou to all the contributors and testers,
The OpenSceneGraph-1.1 release introduces:
* Improved support for multi-threaded, multi-pipe applications,
including performance improvements and automated configuration of
* Support for OpenGL Shading Language uniform arrays
* New precipitation particle effects that leverage the OpenGL
Shading Language to provide high performance and high image quality
rendering of rain and snow effects.
* New OpenFlight loader with support for version 16.1, including
OpenGL Shading Language support.
* New Quake3 BSP loader
* TerraPage loader updated to latest terrapage code base, version
* New outline and drop shadow support for osgText.
* New observer_ptr<> smart pointer which holds a pointer to an
object, but does does affect its reference, so doesn't take any
ownership of it. If the object goes out of scope then the
observer_ptr<> is automatically set to 0.
* New osgGA::EventQueue class for making it easier to integrate
3rd Party Windowing toolkits. The revamped osgkeyboardmouse example
demonstrates how to use it.
* A range of bug fixes.
For further information and to download the latest release head to the
Special thanks go to the many contributors who help make this release
Project Lead and Proprietor OpenSceneGraph Professional Services
osg-users mailing list
to post comments)