|| ||Hampus <hampus-AT-sxp.se>|
|| ||Press Release: SXP releases HampusDB, the worlds first Open Source Hybrid Database|
|| ||Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:54:36 +0700|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SXP releases HampusDB, the worlds first Open Source Hybrid Database
Singapore, 13-July 2006,
After several years as a proprietary database, HampusDB is now
released as an Open Source product, free and available for download
HampusDB is a flexible and efficient hybrid database, a mixture of a
filesystem and a database.
The aim is to fill the gap when storing data in a relational database
is to rigid and storing
data in textfiles is too cumbersome. A typical example would be XML,
configuration or heirarchical data.
HampusDB It comes with a wide range of command line utilities for
manipulating and extracting data.
It's designed for both embedded, desktop and server systems. It
currently runs on Linux and has
interfaces to C, C++, Java and Perl.
* Scalable to terabytes of data, billions of records
* Locking using multiple readers single writers
* Comes with client-server for multiple applications or direct
file access API
* Zero administartion
* Uses BerkeleyDB for underlying storage (db185, db3, db4)
* Small code footprint
* Source code availability
* Simple yet powerful C-API with wrappers to Java and Perl
* Wide variety of command line applications
* Works well with other UNIX command line applications
* Supports regular expression and globbing to query data
* Regression test suite and example source included
* Features can be added and removed using autoconf
HampusDB is developed on Linux. It comes with binary distribution for
RedHat Enterprice Linux
or source release for other distributions and plattforms.
License and Pricing:
Free and licensed under GNU Lesser Public Licence.
SXP is an Information Technology company specialized in development
of novel software concepts.
For more information about SXP, visit our Web site at http://www.sxp.se.
+65 934 22068
to post comments)