|| ||"Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc-AT-inescporto.pt>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: PyGObject 2.11.0 (unstable)|
|| ||Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:09:23 +0100|
|| ||PyGTK List <pygtk-AT-daa.com.au>|
I am pleased to announce version 2.11.0 of the Python bindings for GObject.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
- Add GOption support (#163645, Johannes HÃ¶lzl)
- GObject metaclass converted to Python code (Gustavo)
- Register GType constants from Python-land (Johan)
- Distutils updates (John Ehresman, Cedric Gustin)
- Add support for signal emission hooks (#154845, Johan)
- g_spawn_close_pid support (Gustavo)
- Add new APIs do add or disable log redirections (Muntyan,
- "sub-sub-type" bug fixed (Gustavo)
- Coverity report code fixes (Johan)
- Support retrieving signal and property info from interfaces
- Support parameters of type G_TYPE_GSTRING in signals (Gustavo)
- Wrap a few g_filename_* APIs (Gustavo)
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject+ library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
PyGObject requires GObject >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)