|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Sun, 09 Jul 2006 19:22:10 -0400|
* What is gnome-speech?
Gnome-speech provides a simple general API for producing text-to-speech
(TTS) output. It also provides drivers for several TTS engines, both
commercial and open source.
The gnome-speech 0.4.x release series are designated for GNOME 2.15/16.
* What's changed for gnome-speech 0.4.1?
* Partial fix for bug 144457: add "punctuation mode" parameter to
DECtalk synthesis driver. The supported modes are as follows:
0 = none
1 = some
2 = most
3 = all
* Fix for bug 341405: don't core dump if festival is not installed on
* Fix for bug 141516: allow character encoding to be dynamically
determined from the voice (Enrico Zini). Credit to Milan Zamazal
as well for the creation of the "coding" attribute convention for
* Fix for bug 341990: eliminate compilation warning in festival
* Where can I get it?
Enjoy, and many thanks again to our community, especially Enrico and
Milan for providing a good fix for the festival internationalization
Will and Bill
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)