|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gdm-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GDM2 2.15.0 (unstable), the "Squidlet" Release|
|| ||Tue, 02 May 2006 21:37:00 -0500|
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 2.15.0 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- Explicitly adjust the effective GID before running the child session
program to avoid remaining with high privileges. Fixes bug #340347.
(Julio M. Merino Vidal)
- Now allow the PAM Stack to be specified in the GDM configuration
instead of being hardcoded to "gdm". (Brian Cameron)
- Per-display configuration is now supported. The user may create
/etc/gdm/custom.conf:<dispnum> files (/etc/gdm/custom.conf:0 for
display :0) and GUI related configuration settings in the per-display
file will override for that display. (Brian Cameron)
- Greeter themes now support real GTK+ button types, making gdmgreeter
better support a11y and allow GTK themeable buttons. (Brian Cameron)
- New pam-error-logo greeter type to allow an image to be displayed only
when the PAM error message label is showing a message. (Brian
- Updated config/gettextfoo.h to reflect current strings for
translation. Fixes bug #340017. (Brian Cameron)
- Updated comments in GDM configuration files (Brian Cameron)
- GDM now uses the string "Start Over" instead of "Cancel" in the GUI.
- Many updates to documentation. Explain gtk-theme greeter tag, new
button and pam-error-icon, and startover greeter types, and better
info about PAM. (Brian Cameron)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)