|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gdm-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GDM2 2.14.2 (stable), the "Better Living" Release|
|| ||Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:46:38 -0700|
Sorry, messed up previous subject line - This is 2.14.2 not 2.14.1.
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 2.14.2 release is a stable release of GDM that fixes a compile
issue causing problems with building 2.14.1 and some other fixes:
- Now include gui/gdmthemetester.in in the distribution. It being
missing was causing the module to fail to compile. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix to the BROADCAST key in gdmchooser so it should now work. (Brian
Cameron, kudos to Tiago Vignatti)
- Further cleanups to Addresses CVE-2006-1057. (Hans Petter Jansson,
- Path and RootPath now do not contain /usr/bin or /bin more than once.
- Translation updates (Takeshi AIHANA, \305\275ygimantas Beru\304\215ka,
Laurent Dhima, Pema Geyleg, Lukas Novotny)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <email@example.com>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)