|| ||Johan Dahlin <johan-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||PyGTK <pygtk-AT-daa.com.au>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: PyGTK 2.9.0 (unstable)|
|| ||Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:33:52 -0300|
I am pleased to announce version 2.9.0 of the Python bindings for GTK.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
This is an unstable release and should be used with caution.
It does not require GTK+ 2.9.x.
The most important feature of this release is the removal of the
gobject bindings. They have moved to pygobject, which is
now a separate package.
What's new since 2.8.5:
- Remove gobject, pygobject is now a hard dependency
- Set encoding in pango instead of gtk (328031)
- Wrap gdk.Screen.get_rgba_colormap/get_rgbma_visual (328996,
- Remove private gtk wrappers (321476)
- Add a bunch of missing wrappers (316881, John Finlay)
- Add inout support in reverse wrappers (335964, Gustavo)
- Update h2defs to allow whitespace before parenthesis (317124)
- Make it possible to reimplement interfaces (334986, Gustavo)
- Allow log_handler to be called when python is not initialized
- Support for const object args (firstname.lastname@example.org, Gustavo)
- Export pygtk tree model api (318021, Gustavo)
- Allow overrides to be in base classes (327715, Gustavo)
- Wrap a pango cairo font options acecssors (328108,
- Add GDK_PARENT_RELATIVE relative handling (320248, Johan,
- Improve pixbuf demo (327931, Ben Caradoc-Davies)
- Set default markup accel marker to \x00
(329658, Johan, Johan Svedberg)
- Set 1 as default argument to SpinButton.spin() (325452,
- Wrap gdk.Drawable.gdk_draw_indexed_image (333431,
Johan, Hamish Moffatt)
- Mark rowreference.free() as deprecated (309811, Gustavo)
- Rename name of first keyword argument to pango.LayoutLine.index_to_x
(316581, Gustavo, John Finlay)
- Run reindent on all python code (325320, Johan)
- Improve generictreemodel example (311459, Steven Kennedy)
- Wrap gdk.Pixbuf.rotate_simple (314164, Karel Vervaeke)
- Use in argument in gtk.TreeView.cell_get_size (326357, John Ehresman)
For a complete list of new features in 2.10.x, see the wiki page:
GTK is a toolkit for developing graphical applications that run on systems
such as Linux, Windows and MacOS X. It provides a comprehensive set
of GUI widgets, can display Unicode bidi text. It links into the Gnome
Accessibility Framework through the ATK library.
PyGTK provides a convenient wrapper for the GTK+ library for use in
Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GTK+ library itself PyGTK is licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is
suitable for use in both free software and proprietary applications. It
is already in use in many applications ranging from small single purpose
scripts up to large full features applications.
PyGTK requires GTK+ >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
Bug reports, as always, should go to Bugzilla; check out
http://pygtk.org/developer.html and http://pygtk.org/feedback.html for
to posting and querying bug reports for PyGTK.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)