|| ||Martyn Russell <martyn-AT-imendio.com>|
|| ||[Gossip-dev] ANNOUNCE: Gossip 0.10.1|
|| ||Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:01:53 +0000|
Gossip 0.10.1 is now available for download from:
What is Gossip
Gossip is an instant messaging client for GNOME with an easy-to-use
interface, providing users of the GNOME Desktop with a friendly way to
keep in touch with their friends.
What's new in Gossip 0.10.1
- Changed the accounts dialog and removed the enable/disable account
checkbutton in the accounts list, it was pointless (Martyn).
- Changed the account button tooltip to only show the account id and any
error that might of occurred (Martyn).
- Added typing notification on the roster (Martyn, Richard).
- Added a chat theme selection in the preferences to choose between
Classic and Blue (which is a block message format), try it! (Richard).
- Don't ellipsize text in the menu created for status presets, this
usually is not shown in full when using the menu on the tray icon
- Added libnotify support for contacts coming online and sending first
time messages (note: this only works with libnotify 0.2.1 at the moment,
not with the 0.3.x API, if you have 0.3.x you might have to disable it
with configure --disable-libnotify) (Martyn).
- Use a GtkWindow instead of a GnomeApp for the main window. The widget
spacing for toolbars and menus is much better now (Martyn).
For a list of all bugs fixed, see: http://tinyurl.com/mzb3a
- Fixed #306719, Make sure Wordstar style key bindings work (i.e Ctrl
+Insert copies, Ctrl+Delete and cuts Shift+Insert pastes) (Richard).
- Fixed #332052, Be more flexible with DTD validation in XML files
(Richard, Ross Burton).
- Fixed #332423, Make sure special characters are escaped when saving to
XML files (for accounts, presets, and contact groups) (Richard, Jonatan
- Fixed #322030, Added the 'x' button back onto chat tabs to close
conversations (Richard, Sjoerd Simons)
- Fixed #332333, Fixed weird menu detachment behaviour (Diego GonzÃ¡lez).
- Fixed #142188, Don't scroll the chat window when drag and dropping
across them (Richard).
- Fixed #165565, Don't scroll the chat window when on the first or last
tab and pressing Ctrl+Pg[Up|Down] (Richard)
- Fixed #172013, Make sure group chat windows scroll to the bottom
- Fixed #332020, Corrected some UI typos (Clytie Siddall)
- Fixed #331664, Don't crash when trying to connect with an error
about a missing resource in the account id, instead we now signal the
error and the user is informed so they are able to correct it (Martyn).
- Fixed #331707, Depend on GTK+ 2.8 because we are using some GTK+ stock
icons from it (Brian Pepple).
- Fixed #331868, Corrected some UI typos (Clytie Siddall).
- Clytie Siddall (vi)
- David Nielsen (da)
- Jordi Mallach (ca)
- Miloslav Trmac (cs)
- Richard Hult (sv)
- Wouter Bolsterlee (nl)
The Gossip project page:
If you want to subscribe to just announcements of Gossip you can join
the announcement list here:
25 February 2006
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)