|| ||Akinobu Mita <email@example.com>|
|| ||[patch 00/47] generic bitops|
|| ||Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:03:51 +0900|
This is 3rd trial. I hope this patch series will be added to -mm tree.
And I would like to see what it breaks.
Changes since previous version:
- cleanup test_le_bit()
- hweight() speedup
- out of line hweight*()
- out of line find_*_bit()
- out of line generic_find_next_zero_le_bit()
- fix arch bitops.h for ia64 and alpha
- add hweight*() related cleanups
Boot testes on:
Cross compiled on:
Large number of boilerplate bit operations which are written in C-language
are scattered around include/asm-*/bitops.h.
This patch series gathers them into include/asm-generic/bitops/*.h .
It will be the benefit to:
- kill duplicated code and comment (about 4000 lines)
- use better C-language equivalents
- help porting new architecture