|| ||Ian Ward <ian-AT-excess.org>|
|| ||Urwid 0.9.0-pre1 curses-based UI library for Python|
|| ||Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:24:52 -0500|
Announcing Urwid 0.9.0-pre1
Urwid home page:
About this release:
This is a development release intended only for those interested in working
with the new Layout classes and those who want to help improve UTF-8
New in this release:
- New support for UTF-8 encoding. Unicode strings may be used and
converted to the current encoding when output. Regular strings in the
current encoding may still be used.
PLEASE NOTE: There are issues related to displaying UTF-8 characters
with the curses_display module that have not yet been resolved.
- New set_encoding(..) function replaces
- New supports_unicode() function to query if unicode strings with
outside the ascii range may be used with the current encoding.
- New TextLayout and StandardTextLayout classes to perform text
alignment. Text widgets now have a layout parameter to allow use of
custom TextLayout objects.
- New layout structure replaces line translation structure. Layout
structure now allows arbitrary reordering/positioning of text segments,
inclusion of UTF-8 characters and insertion of text not found in the
original text string.
- Removed util.register_align_mode(..) and util.register_wrap_mode(..).
Their functionality has been replaced by the new layout classes.
Urwid is a curses-based UI library for Python. It features fluid
interface resizing, CJK support, multiple text layouts, simple
attribute markup, powerful scrolling list boxes, flexible edit boxes
and HTML screen shots.
Urwid is released under the GNU LGPL.
to post comments)