|| ||Alan Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|| ||libATA PATA status report, new patch|
|| ||Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:46:52 +0000|
Main changes this time
- Initial driver code for PCMCIA
- Initial driver code for ISAPnP
- Legacy support including VLB driver bits (mostly to test non PCI
- Replace IRQ masking awareness in core with a ->data_xfer method
- Use ->data_xfer to move IRQ masking, VLB sync and other chip
whackiness back *outside* of the core libata code.
- Simplex DMA is now supported
- Remove PCI quirk junk for IDE stuff (its buggy in places and a mess)
- Teach core PCI code about the IDE legacy mess in the PCI spec
- Merge with other libata changes to 2.6.16-rc2
- ARTOP driver now knows how to init Macintosh cards
- Initial netcell driver bits
- CMD64x support (except 640)
- Initial incomplete Cypress Alpha IDE
With the exception of HPA and serialize support its now pretty close to
a straight replacement for drivers/ide on x86 systems (and boxes using
PCI devices only). There is other stuff that wants improving still like
error recovery on CRC, but its getting close.
Please remember that functionality equivalence, and much cleaner code
doesn't mean less bugs yet, there is a *lot* of testing and hammering on
the code needed before it is production ready for switching.
for 2.6.16-rc2 patches.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/