|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gdm-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GDM2 220.127.116.11 (unstable), the "New Options Button" release|
|| ||Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:13:38 -0800|
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 18.104.22.168 release is an unstable release of GDM2 with some
significant bug fixes and some nice usability changes just before
the UI freeze.
- Turns out the core dumping issue that was supposed to be fixed in
22.214.171.124 wasn't really fixed. Now it is. (Sebastien Bacher)
- New "options_button" available for gdmgreeter themes. This pops up
the F10 menu which has all the choices found in the Disconnect,
System, Sessions, and Language buttons so that themes can have a
cleaner 1-button look. The default circles, happygnome, and
happygnome-list themes now use this style. (Sebastien Bacher,
- Fix bugs that were causing User24HourClock=auto to not work properly.
Now GDM should properly grab the system time format when auto is set.
- Fix bug in PreSession script that was causing it to not properly set
the background color before starting user session. (Brian Cameron)
- GDM docs now has a troubleshooting section. (Brian Cameron)
- Make sure /usr/openwin/bin is in PATH on Solaris, since this is needed
for PreSession/PostSession scripts to find sessreg and other needed
X programs. (Brian Cameron)
- String change of "XDMCP Chooser" to "Remote Login via XDMCP".
- Minor tweaks to default/example gdmprefetchlist file so it works
better for GNOME 2.14 out of the box. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Stanislav Brabec, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan,
Chao-Hsiung Liao, Kjartan Maraas, Lasse Bang Mikkelsen, Kostas
Papadimas, Ankit Patel, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Alexander Shopov,
Clytie Siddall, Slobodan D. Sredojevic, Ilkka Tuohela, Vincent van
Adrighem, Adam Weinberger, Funda Wang)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <email@example.com>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
gdm-list mailing list
gdm-list mailing list
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)