|| ||Kevin Gilbert <kev.gilbert-AT-cdu.edu.au>|
|| ||kde-announce <kde-announce-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||[kde-announce] Knmap 2.0|
|| ||Wed, 18 Jan 2006 03:25:56 +0100|
Type: Networking Tool
Depend: KDE 3.4.x
Knmap is a graphical front end to the nmap
"Network exploration tool and security scanner"
available from http://www.insecure.org/nmap.
The main Knmap window provides for the entry of
nmap options and the display of nmap-generated
output. Multiple concurrent nmap scans, each with
a different 'profile', can be controlled by the
one instance of Knmap. Profiles allow for
frequently used parameters sets to be easily
Of course, full documentation is provided -
including a version of the nmap man page in HTML
form which is linked to the option windows via the
"What's This?" facility.
* If root-only options are selected by a 'normal'
user, the 'kdesu' facility is invoked to run nmap
* Previously all nmap output was "wrapped", this
is now an option. The default is to wrap long
* Minor syntax changes
* No major changes since 2.0-beta-1
* Added support for multiple concurrent scans
* Added support for the "-6" and "-A' nmap options
* Changes to the docbook documentation for the
"-6" and "-A" option support and other small
* This is a completely new program!
* There was a prior Knmap - the last version was
0.9 but that version does not compile under the
current Qt / KDE environments.
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)