|| ||Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||Gnome-Utils 2.13.5 - "Optimized for Size"|
|| ||Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:30:41 +0100|
|| ||GNOME Utils <gnome-utils-list-AT-gnome.org>|
Gnome-utils 2.13.5- "Optimized for Size" - is out.
This is the fifth release of gnome-utils in the unstable gnome 2.13
series. This is unstable software, which means you should install it on
every computer you can find, especially that server which everyone
relies upon at work. For added fun, remember to run everything as root.
Try removing random files, and see what happens.
It is available at :
* What is it ?
Gnome-utils is a collection of useful utilities for the GNOME desktop
that make your life easier, including:
* GNOME Search Tool
* GNOME Dictionary
* GNOME Floppy
* GNOME Log Viewer
* GNOME Screenshot
* What's new ?
This release of gnome-utils features the usage of the new slab allocator
added to GLib 2.9.1 by the fine Tim 'rambokid' Janik. Thanks to the
hard work of the GLib people, now every memory allocation should be
faster and take less overhead. This also means that, in order to build
and use Search Tool and Dictionary you'll have to use a release of GLib
greater or equal than 2.9.1.
GNOME Utilities 2.13.5 (January 16th 2006) - "Optimized for Size"
* This release of gnome-utils requires GLib >= 2.9.1 in order
use GLib's new slab allocator called GSlice. This will make
our own allocations faster and with less overhead.
GNOME Search Tool
* Use the new and faster g_slice_* functions.
* Fix bug #324006 - fix a critical warning in bonobo after login
* Fix bug #325014 - new dictionary supports word as command line
* Fix bug #325887 - dictionary remembers the last used window size
* Fix bug #327156 - fix a spelling error in the GConf schema
* Use the new and faster g_slice_* functions
* Added two new dictionary sources, one for French-based and one for
* Fix bug 161030 - Should provide a .desktop file
GNOME Log Viewer
bg [Rostislav Raykov], ca [Josep Puigdemont], el [Kostas Papadimas],
en_CA [Adam Weinberger], es [Francisco Javier F. Serrador],
fi [Ilkka Tuohela], gl [Ignacio Casal Quinteiro], gu [Ankit Patel],
ja [Takeshi AIHANA], lt [Å½ygimantas BeruÄka], nb [Kjartan Maraas],
nl [Daniel van Eeden], no [Kjartan Maraas],
sr [Ð¡Ð»Ð¾Ð±Ð¾Ð´Ð°Ð½ Ð. Ð¡ÑÐµÐ´Ð¾ÑÐµÐ²Ð¸Ñ], th [Theppitak Karoonboonyanan],
vi [Clytie Siddall]
 For the humour-impaired: this is a joke.
Emmanuele Bassi - <firstname.lastname@example.org>
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)