|| ||Media Relations <media-relations-AT-lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>|
Terra Soft Ships Bioinformatics Package for Power,
x86 Linux: 2006 01/03|
|| ||Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:07:41 -0700|
We are pleased to announce the shipment of Y-Bio, our first solution for the
growing life sciences market. Launched at SC2005
(http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/news/2005/2005-11-14.shtml), Y-Bio is
built upon the RPM Linux standard for package management, offering industry
standards NCBI BLAST, EMBOSS, Glimmer, ClustalW, HMMER, Wise, and FastA --
tools for genetic sequence analysis.
Terra Soft's Y-Bio web interface enables genomics researchers to benefit from
unified data management, input, and execution. Terra Soft's Y-Bio improves
upon existing Pise-based offerings as follows:
- Support for both Power and x86 Linux platforms.
- RPM compliance with Yellow Dog, Red Hat, and SuSE Linux.
- Simple installation, update, and package removal via yum and Up2Date.
- Secure web and shell interfaces.
- Flat HTML replaced with database-driven PHP.
- Execution on a single computer or large-scale cluster via Torque.
Y-Bio is shipping now with workstation and cluster licenses starting at just
For more information on Y-Bio, visit:
To purchase Y-Bio, visit:
Kai Staats, CEO
Terra Soft Solutions
media-relations mailing list
to post comments)