|| ||=?iso-8859-1?Q?S=C3=A9bastien_Lao=C3=BBt?= <slaout-AT-linux62.org>|
|| ||kde-announce <kde-announce-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||[kde-announce] BasKet (+ Survey: Who are BasKet Users?) 0.5.0 +
|| ||Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:06:28 +0100|
Name: BasKet (+ Survey: Who are BasKet Users?)
Version: 0.5.0 + 0.6.0-Alpha1
Type: Other Utility
Depend: KDE 3.x
This application is mainly an all-purpose notes
taker. It provide several baskets where to drop
every sort of items: text, rich text, links,
images, sounds, files, colors, application
Objects can be edited, copied, dragged... So, you
can arrange them as you want !
This application can be used to quickly drop web
objects (link, text, images...) or notes, as well
as to free your clutered desktop (if any).
It is also useful to collect informations for a
report. Those data can be shared with co-workers
by exporting baskets to HTML.
**** BasKet Note Pads 0.6.0 Alpha 1 is Released
Now, you can download the development version of
what will be the next generation of BasKet.
It's already usable for daily use, but some
features are not finished (no way to edit tags
graphically) and some 0.5.0 features are not back
in (no way to export to HTML anymore, and no
Changes are impressive:
- Startup is now instantaneous, even with a lot of
- Baskets are now in a tree instead of a tabbar
- Items can be grouped, groups can be collapsed
- Items can be tagged
- You can filter every baskets at a time
- You can organize your items in several columns
or position them freely
- A totally new way to interact with the items:
everything is at one click (no dark keyboard
modifiers to press anymore)
- Several items can be copied/dragged at once
- New look, behaviour and features to every item
types (including file preview, spell-checking,
clickable links in texts...)
- The look of the items is now more beautiful, and
it's all animated, faster, and without flicker
- Usability has been improved
And a lot more: discover every changes and a lot
of screenshots on the Development Page.
* The link to the package downloads was wrong.
Thanks to Felix this is not the case anymore.
* If you are using BasKet and want it to best
fullfill your needs, please fill this survey:
http://basket.kde.org/survey.php . The results
will be used to understand your usage of BasKet,
your needs about it, and enhance it to do your job
better and easier. It's anonymous and only take a
few minutes (18 questions).
* You irresistibly want to see what will be BasKet
Note Pads 0.6.0 Alpha 1? It isn't released yet,
but I added a screenshot of the version of BasKet
Note Pads currently under development:
amazing. I only hope that nobody will ring at my
door and oblige me by force to finish that first
Alpha very quickly ;-)
* WeBasKet, an internet based BasKet equivalentis
* Packages for some distributions are now there.
Some packages are missing (Fedora, Mandrake...).
If you are packager and want to make them, please
* If BasKet isn't yet translated into your
language and you want to translate it, visit
* New key features of 0.5.0 are:
- A totally new interface (plus a new icon, plus a
- Search as you type
- Inline editing of text items
- Export to HTML
- Import from other softwares
- Folder mirroring (will be removed in the next
- Enhanced stack system (stacks will be removed in
the next version)
- Enhanced keyboard navigation
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)