|| ||Marco Costalba <email@example.com>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] qgit 1.0|
|| ||Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:24:03 +0100|
qgit, a git GUI viewer.
With qgit you will be able to browse revisions history, view patch content and changed
files, graphically following different development branches.
- View revisions, diffs, files history, files annotation, archive tree.
- Commit changes visually cherry picking modified files.
- Apply or format patch series from selected commits, drag and
drop commits between two instances of qgit.
- qgit implements a GUI for the most common StGIT commands like push/pop
and apply/format patches. You can also create new patches or refresh
current top one using the same semantics of git commit, i.e. cherry picking
single modified files.
NEW IN THIS RELEASE
From the last release candidate qgit has undergone an heavy stress test by me
and Pavel. We have found and fixed many crash bugs.
These bugs may not be exploitable by a 'normal' use of the tool, anyway we
feel qgit is pretty stable now.
Another, important, fix is a nasty and subtle 'data missing while loading' bug.
This one, reported and debugged by Pavel Roskin, is due to an elusive race and
is visible only on some platforms and only under certain conditions.
Thanks to everybody who helped qgit with patches and suggestions and particularly to Pavel.
BINARY (against Qt3.3): http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/qgit
Links page: http://digilander.libero.it/mcostalba/
You need scons and qt-mt developer libs, version 3.3.4 or better, already installed.
qgit is NOT compatible with Qt4.
On some platforms (Debian) you should set QTDIR before to compile.
- unpack tar file
- make install
qgit will be installed in $HOME/bin
CHANGELOG (from qgit-1.0rc2)
- check 'sign off' setting flag for patch apply too
- fix a crash when getting annotation under stress test [by Pavel Roskin]
- fix crash in file viewer under stress test
- use 'Head' to label current branch, use 'Branch' otherwise
- fix crash when quickly refreshing repo (F5) with tree viewer open
- fix a race: cancel pending annotation before to update the state.
- reuse of invalid lastItem in MainImpl::appendHistCommit [by Pavel Roskin]
- fix a missing/corrupted data bug in git reading functions (very bad!)
- fix missed tree selection in same cases
- fix regression: file viewer broken with deleted files
- fix crash when closing qgit while starting up
- fix a crash when closing file viewer before file content is loaded
- fix regression: codecs settings broken
- ensure current rev is visible when opening diff viewer
- defer author date transformation to increase loading speed
- various small fixes and GUI tweaks
Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB