Testing Mandriva Linux 2006
Posted Nov 29, 2005 12:11 UTC (Tue) by ranger
In reply to: Testing Mandriva Linux 2006
Parent article: Testing Mandriva Linux 2006
1) The shipped openoffice alltime segfaults randomly opening files
Upstream bug ...
2) Openoffice 2.0 is only provided to club members
If you mean the version that shipped *after* the release of Mandriva 2006, yes. If you mean the last milestone release that was available at the time of release, you are wrong. Please see the openoffice.org-go-ooo packages in contrib (and on the Powerpack CDs), which work fine.
3) Openoffice 2.0 is actually not yet provided even to club members as the download site of Mandriva has now been dead for days.
Temporary RPM service migration issue.
4) The official openoffice 2.0 as shipped by the openoffice website does not do antialiasing correcly on Mandriva 2006.
Upstream issue due to changes in how font name replacement/matching is done AFAIK, bug the OO.o developers about it.
5) I have filed about 8 bug reports since I have installed Mandriva 2006. While mantainers have been very helpful and friendly providing me methods to solve most of the problems, I still have to see a single bug-fixing package on the Mandriva update site about these bugs.
Not all bugs necessarily warrant an update (depending on the severity vs risk in updating a package). If it does, it has to go through QA. A number of bugfix updates have been issued, and unless you provide the bug numbers, it is impossible to follow-up on them.
to post comments)