|| ||Vivek Goyal <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||linux kernel mailing list <email@example.com>,
Fastboot mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Morton Andrew Morton <email@example.com>|
|| ||[PATCH 0/10] Kdump Update i386/x86_64|
|| ||Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:43:39 +0530|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, "Eric W. Biederman" <email@example.com>|
Following set of patches is an update to kdump on i386 and x86_64. Changes
arises mainly due to review comments received during last posting of
kdump for x86_64.
- i386 save ss esp bug fix
- dynamic per cpu allocation of memory for saving cpu registers
- export per cpu crash notes pointer through sysfs
- save registers early (inline functions)
- x86_64 add memmmap command line option
- x86_64 add elfcorehdr command line option
- x86_64 kexec on panic
- x86_64 save cpu registers upon crash
- read previous kernel's memory
- kexec increase max segment limit
This set of patches has been tested on i386 and em64t x86_64 machine. Crash
dumps can be captured and opened using gdb and crash-4.0-2.12.
Corresponding kexec-tools patches are being posted in a separate set
on fastboot mailing list.