|| ||Michael Michael Pyne <mpyne-AT-grammarian.homelinux.net>|
|| ||kde-announce <kde-announce-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||[kde-announce] kdesvn-build 0.97.6|
|| ||Tue, 11 Oct 2005 02:57:19 +0200|
Type: Other Utility
Builds KDE from its Subversion source repository.
Well, that and a *LOT* more...
It builds qt-copy, automatically includes
unsermake in the build, easily supports being run
from cron, allows module-specific options such as
configure flags, logs everything, and generally
makes it as easy as possible to manage a bleeding
edge KDE installation.
kdesvn-build by default will install things into a
~/kde directory, but it supports using your system
KDE if you just want to install e.g. an
application from Extragear.
It's incredibly featureful, although I've tried
hard to setup sane default options so that you
don't have to worry about twiddling the knobs.
It is currently split into two versions:
0.97.x is altered to build KDE 3.5 by default, and
is now limited to bugfixes only.
0.98.x builds and downloads KDE 4 (/trunk) by
default, and is the development branch. As such,
it must be downloaded from the homepage
(http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/), or you can use
Subversion to keep it up to date
If you have any neat tips/advice for kdesvn-build
users please add your wisdom to the Wiki at
v0.97.6 - 2005 - Oct - 10
* kdesvn-build now shows the correct path to the
rc-file loaded when needed, instead of using the
* You can run kdesvn-build in pretend mode even
when kdesvn-build is already running.
v0.97.5 - 2005 - Aug - 26
(Wasn't published on kde-apps.org)
* Fixed kdesvn-build to support the line
continuation character (\) in the configuration
* Bug 111167 was fixed, kdesvn-build will warn you
when updating a directory if the location it's
being downloaded from is different than expected.
* The /admin symlink is created when necessary
now, not just on updates.
* You can set options to empty values again.
* Remove -march=i686 from default configuration
since it is not appropriate for 64-bit systems.
v0.97.4 - 2005 - Aug - 20
(Wasn't published on kde-apps.org)
* Updated references to the homepage.
* kdesvn-build will run svn cleanup automatically
when Subversion fails to update.
* kdesvn-build handles creating a fake build
directory for some modules natively now, instead
of using lndir.
v0.97.3 - 2005 - Aug - 06
* Fixed bug with qt-copy defaulting to incorrect
branch if present in the configuration file (which
was the case for those using the sample config,
* Let user know when build directory cleaning is
finished instead of letting the 'rm -rf' line on
screen for minutes.
v0.97.2 - 2005 - Jul - 27
* Fixed bug with module-base-path and non-trunk
modules (like qt-copy).
* Now qt-copy defaults to downloading from the KDE
3.5 branch version.
v0.97.1 - 2005 - Jul - 26
* DEFAULTS TO KDE 3.5, not /trunk! (which is now
* SVN trunk revision 439057
* kdesvn-build will try to find make or unsermake
and then run it directly instead of relying on
$PATH. This change was made to try and help sudo
find unsermake since it's generally not in the
user's PATH, although it seems only
* The build-status file now records modules that
failed to update as well.
* Fix problems with the lockfile being stale after
a system crash.
* Refactor srcdir != builddir faking code into
one. This fixes qt-copy compilation on FreeBSD.
* Add a remove-after-install option for users with
reduced hard drive space.
* The installation prefix can be varied per
module. Implemented by David Faure.
* Fix a bug where the --no-rebuild-on-fail command
line option was documented but not implemented.
* kdesvn-build will create a symlink to the log
file containing the error output in a module's log
directory. For example, if svn up failed for arts,
the file $logdir/latest/arts/error.log would point
* Added option email-on-compile-error (which is an
email address to send reports to) in order to
allow kdesvn-build to send an emailed report if a
module fails to build. This report will contain an
extract of the error log for a module. You should
also set the email-address option, which
kdesvn-build will use to send mail from.
* Add --quiet, --really-quiet, and --verbose
command line options, which are relatively
* Always enable the unsermake progress output.
* This version of kdesvn-build defaults to
downloading KDE 3.5, which now has its own branch.
Users wanting to install the KDE 4 build
environment may want to wait for the separate
normal release of kdesvn-build.
v0.97 - 2005 - Jul - 04
* SVN trunk revision 431712
* Fix Perl warning due to PKG_CONFIG_PATH not
being set (fix by dfaure).
* Man page is included in the kdesdk module,
thanks to Carlos Leon Woelz.
* --config-cache is not longer in the default
* Don't redirect stderr to the log when running
the subversion client, that usually just hangs the
script. (Bug 107182)
* Add a few config file options:
- branch, to build a module from the given
branch. Doesn't work on every module.
- tag, to build a module from a given tag. Also
doesn't work on every module.
- override-url, to allow you to choose the EXACT
URL to download the module from.
- disable-agent-check, see below.
* A few minor polish changes by Thiago Macieira.
* If unsermake is already checked out and
manual-update is set for kdenonbeta, kdesvn-build
will forgo the auto-update of unsermake. This
means you may have to manually update unsermake if
you use this feature.
* Killed the auto-switch feature. If you can your
svn-server it's probably easier just to delete the
sources and have kdesvn-build check them back out.
* If you're downloading using svn+ssh:/ and
kdesvn-build detects that you're using ssh-agent,
kdesvn-build will then make
sure the ssh agent is actually managing some
identities before it performs the update. This is
to prevent kdesvn-build asking for your passphrase
14 gazillion times (via ssh) when you forgot to
v0.96 - 2005 - May - 26
* SVN trunk revision 418272.
* Added new option, dest-dir, used to change the
on-disk name of a module. For example, you could
use this to change extragear/multimedia to
extragear-multimedia on disk.
* The disable-build-list and lockfile options have
* Workaround a problem with some Perl
* valgrind should work again.
* Fix the /admin directory code (again)
* Fix the default configure-flags for qt-copy.
* Fix a few command line options. Now any option
that was of the form --option=foo should also work
when it is --option foo.
* Search for a configuration file called
kdesvn-buildrc in the current directory before
using the ~/.kdesvn-buildrc. This is so you can
have different configuration files for a directory
without having to remember to use the --rc-file
option. Patch provided by Christian Tibirna.
* Abort if the user specified --rc-file and the
file doesn't exist.
* Trailing slashes are removed from modules passed
on the command line, that way kdesvn-build
kdelibs/ still works.
* Improvements to the default qt-copy arguments.
* The false option is now case-insensitive.
* Lots of code cleanups.
* Fix Perl warnings when skipping an invalid
* Be more lenient with the set-env option.
* Bugs should now be reported to
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)