|| ||Mark Kretschmann <markey-AT-web.de>|
|| ||[kde-announce] amaroK 'Airborne' 1.3.3 Released!|
|| ||Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:52:52 +0200|
The amaroK team announces version 1.3.3 of the amaroK audio player
The third service release in the amaroK Airborne series provides numerous
bugfixes and improvements. The amaroK Team has been on a bugfixing spree,
aiming to make the application very reliable and stable.
The amaroK Project has launched a fundraising effort and asks for your
monetary support. If you are willing to contribute, please visit our website
http://amarok.kde.org for further information.
amaroK can be unstable on certain Linux kernel versions with a Pentium 4
processor and HyperThreading enabled. Passing the kernel option "NOHT" at
boot time fixes these issues.
ChangeLog since 1.3.2:
* New DCOP call "contextbrowser: showHome".
* New DCOP call "contextbrowser: showCurrentTrack".
* New DCOP call "contextbrowser: showLyrics".
* New DCOP call "contextbrowser: showWiki".
* Saving a playlist will cleverly pick a default name if possible.
* Dragging an album cover into the playlist from the context browser
will append the album.
* Middle mouse button on the current track will toggle play/pause.
* Ctrl-Right click on a selection of tracks will queue all of them, not
just the track below the cursor. (BR 112841)
* CoverManager allows for downloads from Amazon Canada. (BR 113238)
* New DCOP call "playlistbrowser: addPlaylist".
* New DCOP call "playlistbrowser: scanPodcasts". Will check all podcasts
for new episodes.
* New DCOP call "playlistbrowser: addPodcast".
* New DCOP call "player: type". Returns the current track's file type.
* New DCOP call "collection: migrateFile". Updates the collection db for
changes made to filenames, keeping stats intact.
* Smartplaylist has Length property. (BR 113039)
* Added a mouse-over effect for the volume slider.
* Adding a playlistbrowser folder will automatically focus the lineedit
for renaming the item.
* Removing podcasts will delete all downloaded media.
* Playlists in the playlistbrowser can no longer be removed, only deleted.
* Removing tracks when in dynamic mode will only replace up to the minimum
upcoming tracks requirement.
* Playlist columns are automatically resized when adding or removing
* Added a warning dialog when HyperThreading is enabled. (BR 99199)
* Blacklisted GStreamer's autoaudiosink, which is really a crapsink.
* Added a context menu to the volume slider.
* When viewing covers in fullsize, the window has a maximum size, and
scrollbars are shown if necessary. The user can also scroll the cover
by dragging it. Patch by Eyal Lotem <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 103990)
* Patch fixing an almost-infinite directory-scanning problem while
building the Collection. Patch by Dirk Mueller <email@example.com>.
* Cover Manager: Album view setting became out of sync. Patch by Michael
Pujos <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 113370)
* Starting the first track in the playlist when in dynamic mode would skip
it. (BR 110160)
* Position slider in player-window disappeared after 2 hours. (BR 97128)
* PlaylistBrowser duplicated items when overwriting playlists. (BR 108693)
* Podcast settings would forget about the purge items checkbox.
* The Stop button in the toolbar was always enabled at startup.
* GStreamer-Engine: Could not seek to position 00:00:00. (BR 106483)
* Don't crossfade the last track in the playlist. (BR 96478)
* If files were in the transfer queue before connecting the iPod they
would be uploaded without checking if they already exist on the device.
* Using dynamic mode's playlist shuffle would result in repeated tracks
tracks during a populate operation.
* Fixed Xine config options were disappearing on ESC key. (BR 113225)
* Fixed problems with visibility enabled compilers. Patch by Unai Garro
<email@example.com>. (BR 113056)
* Fix regression causing dynamic mode playlist shuffle to break for
smart playlists which relied on ordering and limits. (BR 113121)
* Automatic podcast downloads did not do anything. (BR 113129)
* Playlist browser items were not properly saved on quit (with Qt 3.3.5).
Patch by Matthieu Bedouet <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 113020)
* amaroK could crash on startup, if on last exit sorting was enabled in
the playlist. (BR 113042)
* Adding entries to a playlist and saving it could duplicate some tracks,
if the playlist hadn't been expanded before. (BR 111579)
The amaroK team
amaroK is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses
a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make
the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and
super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.
"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
- Linux Format Magazine
IRC: irc.freenode.net #amarok #amarok.de
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)