|| ||Nate Nielsen <nielsen-list-AT-memberwebs.com>|
|| ||ANNOUNCEMENT: Seahorse 0.8|
|| ||Thu, 6 Oct 2005 01:48:48 +0000 (GMT)|
A stable release.
Seahorse is a GNOME application for managing PGP keys.
It also integrates with nautilus, gedit and other places
for encryption, decryption and other operations. Seahorse
is based on GPG and GPGME.
This release implements most 'PGP type' functionality and
should be useful for anyone familiar with OpenPGP.
Current work on seahorse is going into making encryption
easier for end users to use and (where needed) comprehend.
The 0.9.x releases will reflect this.
Changes between 0.7.9 and 0.8:
* Fixed crasher in seahorse-agent when used with GPG 1.4.2
* Now works with gedit 2.12 [Mike Gardiner]
* Several crasher and smaller fixes.
* Iassen Pramatarov, Alexander Shopov (bg)
* Josep Puigdemont i Casamajó (ca)
* Ilkka Tuohela (fi)
* David Soulayrol, Christophe Merlet (fr)
* Pawan Chitrakar (ne)
[MD5 sum: bea0a4c349637b51573dcd9a9b2dc35c]
Seahorse 0.8 requires GPGME 1.0 or later and GPG 1.2.x or 1.4.x:
* The website and other online resources haven't been updated to
reflect the new release. This will occur shortly.
* Bug reports are appreciated should be filed in the GNOME Bugzilla.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)