|| ||Mark Kretschmann <markey-AT-web.de>|
|| ||[kde-announce] amaroK 'Airborne' 1.3.2 Released!|
|| ||Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:49:44 +0200|
The amaroK team announces version 1.3.2 of the amaroK audio player
The second service release in the amaroK Airborne series takes off. amaroK
1.3.2 provides many improvements and paves the way for the upcoming amaroK
Live CD, which will soon be released on amaroklive.com. Stay tuned!
Highlights of amaroK 1.3.2:
* New volume slider, beautiful and highly usable
* GStreamer engine works again with ALSA
* Improved Podcast support
* Tabs in the Context Browser can be switched with mouse wheel
* Additional context menu for the Playlist, with handy functions
* Many bugfixes
amaroK can be unstable on certain Linux kernel versions with a Pentium 4
processor and HyperThreading enabled. Passing the kernel option "NOHT" at
boot time fixes these issues.
ChangeLog since 1.3.1:
* Tabs will open automatically when dragging files between tabs.
Patch by Christian Baumgart <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
* Two new dcop calls which allow scripts to read many of amaroK's
configuration options. script readConfig(key) for strings, integers and
bools. script readListConfig(key) for lists. Note that these functions
aren't guaranteed to always return the latest settings (though many do).
* Added a right click menu for blank areas of the playlist, with options
to save, clear or shuffle the playlist and to "enable the dynamic
mode & repopulate".
* Playcount is shown in the tag dialog.
* New volume slider, both better looking and better working than
the old one.
* Podcasts can be saved to any location. (BR 111059)
* Added "Save as Playlist" option to the collection and file browser
context menus as well.
* Allow removing of items in the Media Device browser transfer
* Scroll wheel to switch tabs in context browser.
* Repopulate button is enabled or disabled together with dynamic mode.
* No warning dialog when starting if the directory File Browser is on
doesn't exist anymore. It just reverts to home. (BR 99208)
* Sorting on Collection Browser now shows "Unknown" items first, and
"Various Artists" last. Years are sorted descending now.
* When selecting 'Play' from the context menu on multiple items,
it'll now play the first and queue the rest.
* The Equalizer and QueueManager widgets were broken on window managers
other than KWin.
* "Year - Album" category in the Collection Browser didn't allow for
dragging tracks or fetching cover images.
* Xine engine no longer adds images to the playlist.
* The delete key for removing playlist items works even if the file
browser is open. (BR 100145)
* Filenames with XML entity codes were not playable in dynamic mode
and caused it to stop. (BR 108783)
* If the album or artist contained "&", cover fetching wouldn't work
* When restarting, Playlist Browser items used for playlist shuffle
wouldn't be properly marked, though they would be taken into account.
* Don't crash after changing Podcast options, or after manually deleting
its first item.
* When renaming a playlist, the "." would be removed from the filename.
Paych by Elliot Pahl <email@example.com>. (BR 112204)
* When using next and previous on Tagdialog, after passing by a stream,
the fields would be always disabled. (BR 112060)
* Restarting track when in dynamic mode didn't work.
* Fix issues with the GStreamer engine and alsasink, and reenable it.
Patch by Vincent Tondellier <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 112103)
* Dynamic playlist shuffle had some incorrect smart playlist handling.
* Robustified the code for handling the '# of tracks in the playlist'
part of the statusbar, it should not ever get out of sync with
reality now. Nice side effect is you can see the track count
increase while a playlist is loading.
* "Last played - not in the last" smart playlists would only work for
sqlite. (BR 112248)
* Podcast and Dynamic subfolders are correctly restored on application
start. (BR 112162)
* Dropping tracks onto playlist browser folders will work correctly.
* Invalid podcasts are no longer discarded on quit. (BR 112116)
* Fixed playing of files that have special characters like '#' in
* Fixed issue where selecting multiple items after filtering the
playlist would cause all the other items 'between' them (but
invisible due to the filter) to also get selected.
The amaroK team
amaroK is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses
a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make
the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and
super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.
"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
- Linux Format Magazine
IRC: irc.freenode.net #amarok #amarok.de
kde-announce mailing list
to post comments)